Sunday, February 27, 2011

G-Day Minus 2

Today I sat on our deck in shorts, not something you generally do in February. It was 75 degrees and felt more like mid-Spring. I do this a lot in the summer, sometimes I read, sometimes I listen to music, other times I listen to God. Today I reflected...the last time I did this was last summer...I had no idea that just a few short months later Allison would be diagnosed with this terrible disease. As I watched the power of the wind blow the treetops it hit me that this same "power" is both healing Allison and also using this "opportunity" to draw others closer together and closer to Himself. Praise the Lord.

His power is limitless, we often imagine God as having human limits. I guess it makes us feel better to think we have God "figured out". But His Word tells us that He is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. I never imagined my bride would be asleep on the couch not from wanting to enjoy a Sunday afternoon nap but from weeks of medications that has left her weak and unable to enjoy this Spring-like day with me. But even through this God is glorified. We can face any trial because He equips us to travel the road He chooses for us.

She had 2 pretty rough weeks after the last treatment but this past week has been filled with mostly good days. We don't take those for granted like we used to.

G-Day, "Graduation Day" is 2 days away. We know the next couple of weeks will not be easy. The previous 20 weeks haven't been easy either but SuperWoman made it through those just fine. The proverbial light is at the end of the tunnel and we can see the finish line. Today, the weather was incredible but Tuesday the Weatherman is calling for rays of Hope and continued Grace. Pretty corny, I know...but I'm so happy to be ending this part of the journey and entering into the next chapter.

Father, you're such a powerful and awesome God. You, who painted the zebra's stripes and gave tune to the birds also provide healing for the sick. The love of my life is sick and needs Your continued touch. I thank You in advance for your faithfulness, we love you, please carry us this week. In Jesus' name...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yay for g-day! You all are so precious to us.