Thursday, February 17, 2011

Overwhelmed (Part 2)

Just about the time I begin to think this trial has gone on too long for anyone else to remember, I’m overwhelmingly reminded that no one has forgotten about us. The day started with Cheryl dropping by my office to ask how Allison is doing. No one says “how’s your wife”, it’s always “how’s Allison”. These are people who have never met her, but everyone wants to know how “Allison” is doing. Before she left, she asked if she could pray for us, so right there in my office we prayed. As the day goes on 5 others stop by my office…. “How’s Allison”? Wow. And then right before I wrapped up the day’s activities and went home Jack dropped by. Jack is another brother in Christ who loves our Lord. “I just wanted to stop by and see you… how’s Allison?” We talked…he encouraged me, he said I encouraged him. Before he left, he asked if he could pray for us. Thank God for friends that love Jesus, huh? So, my work day started and ended with prayer. God is amazing, right when we need it, He provides His Grace and Comfort.

Allison is having a hard week this week. I guess the chemo is building on itself and its harder for her to get past the side effects. After the previous 2 treatments, she was able to work a full week. She has struggled to get through just 2 days this week. I feel so helpless and want to take all of this away from her. I want to give her that magic pill that will make her feel better.

As Jack and I talked today I realized that it has been almost 5 months since we found out about the BC. Again, amazing how God provides His Grace. If we had seen the road ahead of us back in September I’m not sure either of us would have made it. But today, looking back, I realized how far we had come and how many lives have been affected by our trial. People keep telling me they see Christ in us in the way we’ve handled this crisis. I’m so humbled, I don’t see it, but if God is getting the Glory then praise the Lord, that’s all that really matters right?

Father, this week has been a tough week, but you are made strong in our weakness. Father our weakness is very apparent right now and we call on you to “Show Off”… Help Allison get through “today” and then tomorrow we’ll ask the same thing…get her through “today”. Jehovah Rapha, you are the God who Heals and I praise you for the healing You’ve done and for the healing You’ll continue to do. I pray, expecting amazing things and I pray all this in Christ’ name…

No comments: